Tania Salahat Cardenas

Character Animator / Animation TD

Friday, April 11, 2008

Welcome to Our Home

Not too long ago, in the midst of our second house hunting disappointment, my friend Amber massively cheered me up by sending me a drawing of what Richard and I would look like when we finally found the right house. It was a wonderful, very thoughtful gesture that put smiles right back on our faces.

Exactly one week later, a house came up on the market. It had only one picture, a front view of the house, and a brief description. I read it and re-read it, this house sounded promising. Richard agreed. We couldn't help but get excited about it. I took Amber's drawing, photoshopped it over the house, and declared that it must be the one. We called and made an appointment to see the house immediately.

I'm glad to say that a couple of stressful, nervewrecking days later- they accepted our offer!

So here it is, ladies and gentlemen, for your visual enjoyment:


The hopeful new home of The Cardenas Familiy!

There is still much to be done before we can actually stand on the lawn, kick up our feet, and rejoice; But, we are one step closer, and I'm feeling confident that things will work out.

Everyone take a moment to knock on wood. Go ahead and knock twice just in case.

Done? Ok, thanks. Have a great weekend everyone!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger -amber- said…

    Woo Hoo!!! Happy Dance, Happy Dance! I'm so happy for you guys! I knocked 14 times, do you think that will help?

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger amila said…

    Awesome Tania!! Boy, buying a house is such a stressful process but it's well worth it. Congrats on finding a place!!! Hope all goes well in closing:D

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger deannaM said…

    If I knock on wood too many times in this old house the ceiling is likely to come down. I will give you three knocks, which should cover it.
    Hooray---that's a beautiful house!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home