Tania Salahat Cardenas

Character Animator / Animation TD

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Day of Wrong

About two weeks ago I dedicated my weekend to working with some friends in the Dallas Video Association's 24 Hour Film Race. The race started at midnight on Friday when the guys got our assignment:

Theme: Wrong Turn
Prop: Musical Instrument
Location: Flag pole
Dialogue : "You don't owe me anything" which was misspelled on our orange assignment sheet as "You don't owe be anything."


We had to incorporate all this into our film, and it could be no more than 5 minutes long. Everyone started brainstorming and we came up with an idea, which was actually a collaboration of several ideas. Chad was sent away and told not to return until he had a script. At about 10:00 we started shooting and by 7:00 pm on Saturday we had all our footage and the editing process began. This is when I dismissed myself and started on my journey down 635 singing as loudly as possible in a desperate attempt to keep myself awake. Long story short, we survived first round of the competition placing as a finalist in our category. There will be another screening tonight, to decide 1st 2nd and 3rd place.

And to put an end to my babbling, here is our entry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEAiIkxvWGo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home