Tania Salahat Cardenas

Character Animator / Animation TD

Friday, April 18, 2008

More House Hoopla

So, again last night with the storms. This time they had all the sirens going. I think they were making up for not bothering with them last time when there actually was something to be alarmed about. Anyways, I watch TV until it seems the worst of the storms have passed and decide to head to bed.

Then, I start to have nightmares. In this particular nightmare: we were staying in a house, which I assume was our house, but it had some weird leftover furniture in it that wasn't ours. It was the middle of the night, and we were both asleep in our bed. I woke up and it was one of those things where in the dream you know something is off.

I kept looking at the strange furniture. I don't really know how to describe it except that it reminded me of what I imagined it would be like to sleep in a doll musuem. Not to insinuate that we were surrounded by antique dolls, which would have been creepy no matter what, but that the furniture around us seemed like something you would see at such a place. I feel obligated to include a quick note here: in the master bedroom of the house we are buying there is an antique doll perched in an old pink rocker just her size.

Suddenly, all the TVs come on, including the two that were in the bedroom. Written on the TVs and on some other furniture in the room is scribbled, in glowing text of various colors, "I miss my pet cat." Then the lights flash and the tvs go off. We keep hearing someone knocking downstairs, and it seems to just get closer and closer.
All of the sudden there is a loud knock on our bedroom door. The TVs come on really loud and there is writing all over the room now.

On the TV there is a note from the seller saying "I can't figure out why the TVs come on at night sometimes."

We can hear doors slamming all of the house. Things quiet down, and Richard jumps up suddenly compelled to throw something away. He walks to the bedroom door, which now looks like an old front door with a deadbolt. I yell "No! Don't open it!" But he does. They always do!

Standing right outside our door are all these old Mediterrean people. They are just staring at us. Richard just glances at them and walks out into the hall way and throws whatever it is away. I peer out in the hallway and there are all these people in a small room to the right making food. And then my dad walks by with an Arabic food dish.

In the dream, I remember thinking that I didn't care how awesome the house was I was so glad it was still in option because I was NOT moving in there.

I wake up and Richard is talking in his sleep. He lets out this distressful "No!" I'm convinced we had just had the exact same dream. I wake up him and asked him if he is okay. He mumbles something and rolls over. I couldn't sleep I was so terrified.

So, of course, I get online this morning to tell Richard all about this, and he says he had nightmares too.

Richard: In my dream, Obama and Hillary were debating each other about the repairs for our house. It was really stressful. Hillary kept insisting that we were getting a good deal on our house and we shouldn't be selfish in asking for repairs. I could be making this up, but I'm pretty sure in my dream Obama gave a speech about how we need to Change the Lightbulbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home